ForumsQuestionsFat Fingers for Tags

Fat Fingers for Tags
Proximo

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I know this is a small request but I would imagine I am not the only person with Fat Fingers at times. What I mean by Fat Fingers is that I spell the tag word incorrectly without knowing.

Request:

I would love to see a Tag list as I type tags into the tag field. It would work like Quick Search in that it will filter any existing tags that match the letters as you type.

Benefits:

This will accomplish several things in my mind.

1.It will make adding tags that you already use much faster.

2. It will give you a warm fuzzy feeling that you are using the Tag you intended.

3. Prevent you from typing the Tag incorrectly and having some weird tab in the Tag view that has that one task that you messed up on.

Just hoping is all.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2009.
Alan

Score: 0 Reference
+1
Anders

This is one of the most needed features for Toodledo in my opinion. I would prefer a tag cloud or list of previously used tags to pick from, but either way would be good. This would also be a huge help for the iPhone app.
Vin Thomas

I would also LOVE to see this!
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
ditto, also maybe a way to enter an expression so it would generate a recursive number for each task entered, for logging.
Proximo

Posted: May 06, 2009
I may be dreaming here, but it seems that Toodledo added this and did not mention it.

Can anyone else confirm that Tags now show a pull down list of existing tags based on what you type?
Anders

Posted by Proximo:
I may be dreaming here, but it seems that Toodledo added this and did not mention it.
Can anyone else confirm that Tags now show a pull down list of existing tags based on what you type?

I'm afraid you are in fact dreaming. Firefox does this for you. The main problem is that your form history is erased with your other private data when you clear it. You can change that setting, but then you can never delete any form data that you have used anywhere from your history.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Some web browsers will do this for you, but we also plan to implement a smarter tag completion feature.
Martys To Do

Posted: May 10, 2009
That would be great; it is difficult for me to be consistent on used tags.
Thank you
cguillou

Posted: May 29, 2009
Please do add a "Common tags" feature, I hardly use tags at all because of this :(
It would make this cool app even greater and -you never know- might make me decide to go Pro ! ;-)

Chris
Paris - France
egerter

Posted: Jun 02, 2009
+1
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.