ForumsQuestionsProblem with latest Android update

Problem with latest Android update
rbendett

Posted: Mar 04, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
After the Android update that just occurred for the Toodledo app I can no longer connect or sync. Get message Authorize Toodledo Account "The 3rd party app or service that sent you here has made an invalid request." I have deleted my account on phone and cannot resync. Have deleted app and reinstalled from Play store with same error.

This message was edited Mar 04, 2014.
rbendett

I have got it working again by selecting "Leave the test" on Google Play, installing the old? version and then joining the test and updating to the beta. It seems to be working now.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The beta that we just released for testing has an upgrade bug. We are working on a fix and plan to have a new beta tomorrow morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On the positive side, this is what beta testing is for and saved us from releasing this bug to production.
SES21

Posted: Mar 11, 2014
Jake, is this fixed yet? I just updated & I'm repeatedly being asked to Authorize Toodledo Account. It does list my account at the bottom & give me a link to Authorize as a different user. Why am I seeing this same screen every time I enter the app now?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 11, 2014
Are you using the latest beta? This should have been fixed with the last update.
SES21

Posted: Mar 23, 2014
Jake, sorry for the slow response! Yes, it was after that latest update. I don't recall exactly what fixed it but I think I tried clearing cache, then data, then uninstalling & reinstalling actually fixed it. With this auth change, is it still possible to run 2 accounts in the app? Not that I have 2 but it was something appealing that I might want to use in future.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 24, 2014
I believe it should work, but haven't tested that scenario yet.
salustri

Posted: Apr 17, 2014
I had the same problem: the app asked for authorization every time I opened it. Uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to do the trick.
One other thing, I also had Toodledo Notes installed. It is no longer installed. I can't tell if the problem may have had to do with the authorization problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 18, 2014
Ahh, that gives me a clue. If you had the Notes app as a separate app, then you were updating from at least 4 versions back. Skipping a few versions might have caused the upgrade problem, which would explain why reinstalling fixed it.

As for the notes app, it has been integrated into one app. You can find the notes by tapping the top left icon in the app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.