ForumsQuestionsiPhone and web task counts out of sync

iPhone and web task counts out of sync
david.j.edge

Posted: Apr 21, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
In my browser I have about 260 tasks while on the iPhone I have 275. I have tried to force the device to sync up to Toodledo without success. What can I try next?

d.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
melchizW

Having the same issue . I'll create a support ticket . Even tried deleting iphone app and reinstalling , synced quickly and told me I had 2 tasks LOL .
The best sync I've ever seen with the web site is Pocket Informant . Works every time .
hmmm.. i"m being encouraged to try a forced sync and then a purge data if needed first .

This message was edited Apr 21, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It may be you filters. If you have filters set differently between the site and iphone it may report different numbers of tasks because different amounts are hidden.
david.j.edge

Posted: Apr 22, 2014
Jake

I have show negative and show future set on both and not show recently completed. So will raise a support ticket.
ta
d.
melchizW

Wasn't the filters , I cleared them out on both .
Did a data wipe on iphone app and resynced , took a while but all is well now .
david.j.edge

Mine's sorted itself after a sync phone-web and then web-phone. But I did that a week or two ago and it had already got fifteen tasks out.

Anyone got any tips for stopping it happening in the first place?

d.
melchizW

Posted: Apr 23, 2014
not sure if you saw , there's a new update for the iphone app that fixes issue with deleted tasks not being synced to website . I'm sure that's what was throwing off our counts .
david.j.edge

Posted: Apr 27, 2014
I've got the updated app, but it hasn't solved the problem. I'm three tasks out in the space of a few days.

What puzzles me is that if I have
268 tasks on server
271 tasks on device
pushing device to server results in 268 tasks on device

This time after a two-way sync I'm going to do a purge data. If they stlll drift apart I'll raise that ticket.
melchizW

Posted: Apr 30, 2014
well mine's out of sync again also . trying another " force td to device sync " .
Once again , Pocket Informant has the exact number as the server does .
Seems like they never get out of sync .

This message was edited Apr 30, 2014.
melchizW

Posted: May 01, 2014
I opened a ticket on this last night . Did a data wipe on the iPhone and only 72 tasks came back in the sync . So I've wiped again and this time doing a force TD to device sync for the first sync . So far it's got 85 tasks back and it's still working on it .
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.