ForumsQuestionsDaily Tasks Question

Daily Tasks Question
dancrum

Posted: May 01, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I use Toodledo and enjoy the program. Our company made the foolish mistake of switching to Google Apps & your program allows me to attach google docs. However, I still find myself logging daily activity in a Google Docs spreadsheet.

Maybe I need more of a project manager, but I do not think so. I just need the ability to log work done on a project each day & display what was done each day. I use a task as the project, and add subtasks to that. However, I do not always complete a subtask in one day & I would like people to know what I accomplished each day.

Here is an example:
-Task A is my project named "OEM". OEM has 6 subtasks (named 1-6)under it.
-Now Today I completed subtask #1 in its entirety. However, subtask #2 required involvement of my development team. So I created a work order to have the development work completed. How do I let others know what I did today in each case?

1. A completed task.
2. A partially completed task.

Thanks,
Dan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You could use the status field and set it to "waiting" or "delegated". You could also use the notes field to annotate your progress on each task.
dancrum

Would I then be able to print/view those notes based on a date or range of dates? What if my supervisor asked me to email the work that I completed yesterday?

Thanks,
Dan
dancrum

I think the issue is that the notes tab sorts by date and/or folder. I have folders with multiple tas/sub-tasks under each one. I do understand that I can add a note in the task and even modify the note. Maybe a suggestion to allow notes per task in the same manner with with you allow them per folder?

Dan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You may be able to make a saved search that runs the reports that you are trying to do to send to your supervisor.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.