ForumsQuestionsSubtasks not in the right folder

Subtasks not in the right folder
sebastiaankop

Posted: May 16, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

I create a task with a subtask I can set the task to be in a differend folder than the subtask.

Good feature.

But when I use this the subtask does not show up in the correct folder.

Example:

Task: Take out trash / Folder: Inbox
Sub: Walk to trashcan / Folder: Inbox
Sub: Pull out trashbag / Folder: Someday
Sub: Take the trashbag outside / Folder: Someday

This task and all of its subs will only show up in folder 'Someday'. The subtask 'Walk to trashcan' will not show up in 'Projects'.

What you want is that you only make tasks and give them a project name so that they appear under the same name.

According to my suggestions the example I just made will be displayed as follows:

Folder: Inbox
Project: Take out trash
Task: Walk to trashcan

Folder: Someday
Project: Take out trash
Task: Pull out trashbag
Task: Take the trashbag outside

Thank you,

Sebastiaan.
sebastiaankop

I have experimented with tags and this looks very similar as what I described in the last post.

But there is a problem with the list view of TD working with tags.

When I change the preferences I can set the following:

Indented mode hides loose subtasks.
I cannot see any tasks.

Indented mode shows loose subtasks. (recommended)
I cannot see any tasks.

Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible.
I can see tasks but if a task has subtasks I see -all- the subtasks. Even the ones that have different tags.

So:

Task: Set up pool in garden / Tag: None
Sub: Get pool from attic / Tag: Inbox
Sub: Clean pool / Tag: Projects
Sub: Inflate pool / Tag: Projects
Sub: Fill pool with water / Tag: Projects

In the task list I select tasks -only- with tag 'Inbox' I see the entire list including tasks with tag 'Projects'.

What I want to see is:

Task: Set up pool in garden / Tag: None
Sub: Get pool from attic / Tag: Inbox

How can you help me?

Thanks,

Sebastiaan.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When you give subtasks different folders than their parents and view those subtasks indented, they will appear when you view the parent task. This is because the parent is visible within it's folder and then it shows the subtasks there too, which may be in a different folder.

Conversely, depending on your subtask filter and preferences, when you look at the subtask, it may attempt to load the parent task so you can see the entire project. In this case, the parent and all the subtasks will appear here, even though it isn't the correct folder. If you want to prevent this, you will need to view the subtasks with the "inline" filter applied.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.