ForumsQuestionsiPhone Sync

iPhone Sync
PT_Ken

Posted: May 28, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I have just finished setting up my new system for using ToodleDo for GTD. I have a saved search that is my "Inbox". I processed all of my existing tasks so that my Inbox (search) comes up empty.

After I sync'd my iPhone ToodleDo app, the "Inbox" saved search showed up okay, but it is not empty! There are 10 items in it. I checked back on the web site again and it's still empty there. I waited nearly an hour (in case for some reason the database needed time to update) and the iPhone app still showed 10 items in my "Inbox" search.

The search simply looks for all tasks where "Checked Off" is No and "Context" is No Context.

Is this a bug? Have others experienced this? Can I expect this for only saved searches, or for tasks in general? I'm truly banking on seamless sync between the two and I've never had a problem before, although I never used saved searches before now.

Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted: May 28, 2014
I've checked again and it looks like the 10 tasks that are not syncing are all tasks that I deleted from the web site, but they do not seem to have deleted from the iPhone app. This is the same problem posted by another user within minutes of my original post.
PT_Ken

Posted: May 29, 2014
I solved my problem. I had just recently changed my e-mail for login from the website, but I did not change it on the iPhone. This caused the two to be out of sync. What I don't understand is why the sync seemed to be more or less working otherwise. Tasks entered on the phone still made it to the web site, so sync was not completely broken.

Although my problem is solved, I'd like to understand why this happened this way.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 29, 2014
There is a bug right now where tasks deleted on the website are not always deleted on the phone and you need to delete them in both places. We have fixed this bug and are doing the final testing before we release the fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cheryl

Posted: Jun 09, 2014
Thanks for the update, Jake. I am having the same issue with Search on my phone also.
Ann M

Posted: Jun 09, 2014
This is very helpful as I too was getting frustrated with having to delete twice whereas I hadn't had to do that. Is there a listing somewhere of existing "bugs" we can review so that we know you know about them.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jun 14, 2014
PT_Ken -- can you explain more fully what you did to solve this problem? Until the bug is fixed, I'd like to try what you did but I'm not able to figure it out based on your description above. Maybe I'm being dense. :)
Ann M

Posted: Jun 18, 2014
I see there are new feature updates which is great. Is there any news on when this bug fix will be released?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 18, 2014
The bug should have been fixed in the last update.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jun 28, 2014
Yup! Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.