ForumsQuestionsToodledo Slim, which mobile browsers work?

Toodledo Slim, which mobile browsers work?
Anders

Posted: May 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Today, I was surprised to find that the slim website does not work on Opera Mobile or on Internet Explorer Mobile (Didn't try Fennec, but not much seems to work on that yet). It does work on Skyfire, but that is not surprising given all the action happens on the server side with that browser, which is why I have security concerns and don't like to use it much.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues on Windows Mobile browsers. Is the slim site designed possibly for less advanced mobile browsers? Does anyone use it with Opera Mini?
Anders

Posted: May 03, 2009
I just found out Opera Mini works basically like Skyfire. If someone could point me in the direction of a WM compatible browser that works with Toodledo Slim, or tell me what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2009
Yeah, we've been meaning to look into this. We need to find a device that runs Opera Mobile, which is why we haven't done it yet.

You might try our HTML only page.

http://www.toodledo.com/html
Anders

Posted: May 04, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
You might try our HTML only page.
http://www.toodledo.com/html

Thanks. That works great on IE Mobile. Opera Mobile has trouble even with that(buttons don't work in regular view; layout is bad in mobile view), but it's technically still in beta. Too bad, it's a much better browser, especially for touch screen.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 05, 2009
We'll try to get an Opera Mobile device and test it out.
Anders

Sounds good. I am no programmer, but let me know if there is anything I can do to help (testing, etc.).
Anders

BTW, I should mention that much of the functionality of the full site works on Opera Mobile, it's just too much for such a small screen, and there are some weird effects, like you can't read anything when fully zoomed out (not that it's too small, it just disappears). That is why I was surprised the slim site did not work at all.
garyo

Score: 1 Reference
Slim works beautifully on the Android mobile browser (1.1 and Cupcake 1.5).
Anders

Posted by garyo:
Slim works beautifully on the Android mobile browser (1.1 and Cupcake 1.5).

Thank you garyo. The Android browser obviously can't help me on WM, but you gave me a great idea. I was recently looking at a fairly new browser called Iris. Like the Android browser (also the S60 browser, iPhone & others), it is built on WebKit. So when I saw your post, I decided to download Iris. It works like a charm on the slim site, and also seems to be a really great browser.
help

Posted: May 06, 2009
Is there any browser for symbian that works with slim version? Im trying default S60 web browser where i have due date error and opera mini doesn´t work with slim totally.
Anders

Posted: May 06, 2009
Posted by help:
Is there any browser for symbian that works with slim version? Im trying default S60 web browser where i have due date error and opera mini doesn´t work with slim totally.

If you have a Nokia N or E series phone with S60 third edition, then Skyfire is available for your phone. I assume Skyfire will work well because it does on Windows Mobile, and the browsing is actually done on a server (like Opera Mini), so there is probably little difference in the experience across platforms.
Skyfire site: http://www.skyfire.com/
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.