ForumsQuestionsTasks to "save" for later

Tasks to "save" for later
traceymjohnson

Posted: Oct 06, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I have a bunch of tasks that I was planning to do for a client but now am not going to do. However, they might be good for another client in future. So, I want to "save" them for later but don't want them cluttering up my active To Do list. If I mark them done, they will disappear. How do I mark them/code them so that they are gone from my active list but still there to be found in future?
Salgud

I give them a "Someday" status, and have created my own hot list as a Saved Search that excludes them. To use the built-in Hotlist, you'd have to check the "Next Action" option for this to work, which might or might not work for you, depending on how you use TD and what you want to see on your Hotlist.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You could also give them a priority of "Negative" and then use the filters to hide them
traceymjohnson

Posted: Oct 07, 2014
Thanks - I have tried both suggestions and am testing out how they work for me - both solve my problem. Thanks for your help!
Salgud

Posted: Oct 07, 2014
I should have mentioned, I also have a Saved Search called "Deferred" which shows tasks that are Waiting (for someone else to do something), Hold (for me to decide to proceed), Someday, etc. This is part of my weekly review.
Joyce@work

Posted: Oct 08, 2014
I have several sets of actions that take place occasionally and I have them saved in a note like this

New client list

1. do this first
2. then do that
3. do the next thing
4. finally do this

If you highlight it to your clipboard then open a Enter Multiple tasks/subtasks window and paste it you will get 4 tasks/subtasks all entered and ready to rock.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.