ForumsQuestionsCreating tasks that are more than one day long

Creating tasks that are more than one day long
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Oct 30, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
(1) How to create a task, e.g. a conference, which is for two consecutive days from 10am to 4pm?
The easiest way to do this is to create a task for the first date and make it repeat for the next day. But wanted to know if there are other ways of doing this.

(2) Related to this, I have a subquestion - how to add the starting and ending time of a task?
Because, the 'start date' in toodledo is not exactly the starting time of the event. And there is nothing like end date and time. And I do not want to use 'duration' column (as I think it does not clearly depict a end date and time).

Basically, my intention is to arrange my tasks such that I know where there are gaps. E.g., in a day, task 1 starts from 10am to 11am, task2 from 12pm to 4pm. If I can create tasks such that they depict start and end times, then its easier for me to decide that from 11 to 12pm I am free.

So, do let me know if you have any suggestion regarding these.

Thanks...

PS - I have a free subscription currently.

This message was edited Oct 30, 2014.
Salgud

I use Start Date and End Date. Since Start Date doesn't have a time, I use my memory to remember the time, or put it in the Note.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can enable the start-time and due-time fields in your account settings and use this to mark exactly when a task starts and ends.
Varun Bhatta

Thanks Salgud and Jake. Yes... I am using the start time currently to mark the starting of the task.

Any suggestion for the question (1)?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2014
I would just create two tasks (Conference Day 1, Conference Day2)
KBC1-Gold-Expired-May2020

Posted: Nov 08, 2014
>>Since Start Date doesn't have a time<<

Start date DOES have a time. You just have to enable it under settings and functions used.
AntonioTroitsky

Posted: Nov 14, 2014
But this option is not really needed. Because the option "Future task" doesn't work with start time of the task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.