ForumsQuestionsCan't you make it just a *little* bit prettier?

Can't you make it just a *little* bit prettier?
mgd

Posted: Oct 30, 2014
Score: 3 Reference
I've used Toodledo forever and the functionality is great but lately I've found myself having to lash myself to the mast to avoid the siren songs of significantly prettier though less functional apps. I mean this thing is just butt-fricking-ugly. I see you've hired someone to improve the UI functionality but man, can you put a coat of paint on this thing while you're at it? Yea, I'm shallow. I mean, I prefer smart girls, I just want them to have a few front teeth.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
We will put a coat of paint on this thing. Thanks for the feedback.
Chris_45

Posted: Oct 31, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I really agree - that's a very apposite way of putting it!

I've been with Toodledo for a long time, and the only thing that makes me stray is the look of it - nothing else does what I want it to, and does it as well!

I don't even think it's ugly, I think it's just that other sites spend SO much time on their design it suffers in comparison.
jawar3

Posted: Nov 01, 2014
Score: 2 Reference
I wish I could color code folder and tasks. I would like to make urgent items not just have a star, but have a red color the help emphasize it. Personal items could have my favorite color, etc.
BobDoo

Posted: Nov 05, 2014
Score: 2 Reference
I was just going to post a question asking how can change the interface visuals or style. I really stopped using Toodledo because it is visual torture for me to interact with interface. I used to use it more through the now unsupported Got To Do mobile app which had a great interface, but now I am using Ultimate To Do which is ok, but not as good.

I need to be using more of the power features of Toodledo through the web interface, and I find it so mentally laborious to use that I hate using it.

It is difficult to sparse anything and everything on the screen in my head - everything seems just thrown together:
Different tasks & subtasks should be more highlighted
Different folders should be easier to discerne
Priorities should have stronger color coding
and on and on.

The engine is good, but there appears to be no investment in user interface ergonomics and design. That is much different thinking than running a great database engine.

The other offerings are getting closer to catching up.
BobDoo

Posted: Nov 05, 2014
Also notes just seem to bleed into the next task.

A great place to start would be to take a close look at the mobile app Got To Do, and grow from there.
KatBoy

Posted: Nov 09, 2014
Posted by mgd:
I've used Toodledo forever and the functionality is great but lately I've found myself having to lash myself to the mast to avoid the siren songs of significantly prettier though less functional apps. I mean this thing is just butt-fricking-ugly. I see you've hired someone to improve the UI functionality but man, can you put a coat of paint on this thing while you're at it? Yea, I'm shallow. I mean, I prefer smart girls, I just want them to have a few front teeth.

+1
Also been here forever and head is constantly turned by other pretty/shiny todo apps, but keep returning to Toodledo - it's the best I've found so far.

Even the ability to colour-code would keep me sooo happy. Please...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 10, 2014
Not sure if you guys saw this that we posted a few months ago:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/19506/0/toodledo-redesign-plans.html
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.