ForumsQuestionsInternet Explorer and add subtask?

Internet Explorer and add subtask?
Sytone

Posted: May 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I noticed in FireFox you get a dialog box prompting you for the task name however in IE you just get a new task generated. Any reason?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2009
Older versions of IE are buggy and don't support that functionality.
Anders

Posted: May 11, 2009
FYI, doesn't work in IE7. It's not the newest version, but not all that old either. I use it so infrequently that my computer manufacturer's site is still my home page, and Live search is still my default engine, so I don't really care. I just wanted to clarify that it must be only the newest version, IE8, that actually works with this feature. Use Firefox!

This message was edited May 11, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 11, 2009
Well, I think we are being overly cautious. It may work in IE7, but if we see any version of IE we disable certain functionality that has been problematic in previous testing. We'll look at it again.
Sytone

Posted: May 18, 2009
Given that IE6 is not going to be support by Microsoft soon you are pretty safe to work on a IE7+ basis...

And I actually like IE...
Anders

Posted: May 18, 2009
Posted by Sytone:
And I actually like IE...

I would be interested to know why. Obviously everyone has different priorities for what they want a browser to do for them, and how they want to interact with it, as well as different visual tastes, etc. that mean no browser is going to be the "best" browser for everyone. However, I am kind of a browser person, and I play around with all of them. I think Firefox is light years better than any other, but I can see why some people might choose a browser like Opera, or even Safari, the peanut butter & jelly sandwich of browsers, based on their personal preferences. When it comes to IE however, I have just never been able to figure out why some people seem to prefer it. (Edit: BTW, this is honest curiosity. I don't mean to sound demeaning to IE people.)

This message was edited May 18, 2009.
Sytone

Posted: Sep 08, 2009
I like the fact that is has no plugins and works out of the box, I jump around many client sites and need to use a browser, so IE is always available. I admit it was not that great in IE7 for some things but 8 is nice and fast for me.

I also do a lot of development in SharePoint so it also uses it (2010 will be better in this respect) so I am always in IE so I know my way around it.

One less things to install and waste my time tweaking for very little time gain.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.