ForumsQuestionsIndependant Multiple browser tabs

Independant Multiple browser tabs
natgross

Posted: Jan 20, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
TD seems to treat multiple tabs as one. If I change a view in one the other either gets confused or changes with it.
Can we have each browser tab (or even browser instance) maintain their own state?
Thanks
nat
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 21, 2015
Im not sure I understand what is happening. Can you give me a scenario that demonstrates the problem?
natgross

1. Open a browser tab to TD, DUE DATE ---> Today.
2. Open another tab to TD, DUE DATE ---> Overdue.
[optional] 3. any other tabs to folders, contexts, whatever.

a. In either of the tabs, check a task off, and refresh.
b. Switch to the other opened tab. [Sometimes only after a refresh on that tab, sometimes even without any refresh.] This tab will now be a duplicate of the tab you first checked the task off and refreshed.
c. Same for ALL tabs, regardless of original view on that tab, folder/context/etc., they are now all having the same view and data as the tab that first refreshed after a task check off.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think this is the intended behavior, at least for the two tabs on the same view (due-date). The reason is because Toodledo keeps track of what list you were last looking at within each view so that when you return to that view, it can show where you last where. For example, if you are looking at the "today" list and you go somewhere else and then return it should still show the "today" list. Since this is saved to the website whenever you refresh the tab in your browser, it will go to your most recently used list. Which I understand isnt what you want, but it is the designed behavior.

A refresh on the folders list should not cause it to go the due-date section and I was not able to reproduce this issue. If you can reproduce this, then it is a bug.
natgross

I see now that this happens within each category. If I have two Folder tabs open, each to a different folder, a refresh will cause both tabs to point to the same folder.
If not a bug, you can file this as a feature request. If TD can keep folder tabs idependant of time tabs, it should be able to keep any combination of tabs with their own view. Come to think of it, it must be a bug. Why would someone open multiple tabs if they all show the same data?:)
Besides, the feature gain, the productivity leap (let alone advertising this) is humongous, and with minimal effort of the dev team. It is a cinch for a programmer to keep track of each tab. BUT, in order for this to shine, please make sure that each tab's title reflects the contents of that view somehow (or allow users to title each tab).

nat
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.