ForumsQuestionsBatch edit in Toodledo?

Batch edit in Toodledo?
isaachess

Posted: May 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
It seems like there is probably not a way to do this, but I thought I would ask the community.

Is there any way to batch edit a number of tasks in Toodledo? Remember the Milk allows this, and it's a nice feature when you have a large number of items and need to change the due date or the context all at once.

Any ideas?
Claudio

Score: 1 Reference
Yes there is.

Check out Multi-Edit: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=multi-edit
lite1

Score: 3 Reference
Claudio is correct, but it is far less useful than how RTM does Multi-edit (I am an RTM migrant). I am finding that in TD unless I know in advance that it will be easy for me to construct a search and that I truly want to make the same change; I find that most often I am editing one at a time.

Only circumstance where I have found it useful is if I want to add additional Tag(s) to a group; or as you implied in your ?,if all have same Due Date and I want to accelerate or postpone all.

FYI: I believe that it has been suggested and applauded by many that a method of selecting multiple tasks for a "normal" view and then being able to edit them would be helpful to many.

isaachess You might also read Claudio's 2nd post in the following active thread
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2013/0/24-ways-to-improve-toodledo.html

Edward

This message was edited May 15, 2009.
Hugh Macken

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Score: 4 Reference
Posted by lite1:
Claudio is correct, but it is far less useful than how RTM does Multi-edit (I am an RTM migrant). I am finding that in TD unless I know in advance that it will be easy for me to construct a search and that I truly want to make the same change; I find that most often I am editing one at a time.

Only circumstance where I have found it useful is if I want to add additional Tag(s) to a group; or as you implied in your ?,if all have same Due Date and I want to accelerate or postpone all.

FYI: I believe that it has been suggested and applauded by many that a method of selecting multiple tasks for a "normal" view and then being able to edit them would be helpful to many.

isaachess You might also read Claudio's 2nd post in the following active thread
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2013/0/24-ways-to-improve-toodledo.html

Edward

As I believe others have suggested elsewhere in the forum, I would like to also urge TD to consider adding functionality for editing multiple tasks with unrelated criteria. I too switched from RTM, which has this functionality. All in all, I find TD much more useful and user-friendly than RTM and other software I have tried. Having this additional functionality would be icing on the cake! :)

Hugh
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.