ForumsQuestionsSuggestion: Implement sub-sub tasks badly

Suggestion: Implement sub-sub tasks badly
WillEverett

Posted: Feb 27, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
After looking around on the forum, it seems that this has been on the to do list for a fairly long time but Toddledo devs haven't figured out how to do it well so it hasn't been implemented. I am suggesting that you just go ahead and implement it non-optimally. Maybe make the 2nd level available only when flattened or make the main view so that it only shows one level of parent task or some other thing that seems like it will have problems, but would at least allow for clunky use rather than no use at all.

Once it's out and people are actually using it, listen to feedback on how to make it better. Crowdsource the ideas on how to improve it rather than waiting until your overworked developers are hit with inspiration for a project that they're not working on. By now it really seems like the status quo just isn't going to produce a result so why not try something different to move on a feature that people have been requesting for years?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 27, 2015
Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried using our Outlines section? I provides unlimited levels of hierarchy and you can attach them to tasks.
WillEverett

Posted: Mar 03, 2015
I hadn't had a chance to look at the Outlines section. Now that I have, I don't see a way to associate tasks and it isn't covered in the Outline video tutorial. How do you do that?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 03, 2015
You have to have a Gold subscription. Then you use the "Attachment" feature in the task's section to attach an outline.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/files.php

At the bottom of that page it will explain more.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.