ForumsQuestionsOutlines to Tasks

Outlines to Tasks
sethmoko

Posted: Mar 03, 2015
Score: 12 Reference
Is it possible to export outlines to tasks, making all the items a task, or all the items at a particular level? This would be the best option. Failing that, can I turn an individual outline item (one-by-one) into a task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 03, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
This isn't possible yet, but is on our todo list.
coolexplorer

Posted: Mar 05, 2015
Score: 4 Reference
Posted by sethmoko:
Is it possible to export outlines to tasks, making all the items a task, or all the items at a particular level? This would be the best option. Failing that, can I turn an individual outline item (one-by-one) into a task?

That's an excellent way to quickly outline a project in all its dimensions and then convert it into tasks with status, reminders etc......if it were only possible
Dave

Posted: Aug 13, 2015
This would an excellent feature, since I enjoy doing my project planning in outlines. Would be great to just covert items. I keep trying to do projects in the tasks area for simplicity but it just doesnt work well. Thanks
jay

Posted: Oct 06, 2015
Score: 5 Reference
Upvote from me! I've read in the blog or online doc that a task can contain or reference an outline but to me this is upside down. As with the others above, the way I would use it would be to outline a project and then convert or link the outline elements as tasks. This way, I can see a "project" view in the outline mode and also see / act on the supporting actions in (a GTD fashion) from the task view.
DanH_2

Posted: Dec 29, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Yes.

I have many mini-projects with several steps. An easy way to create a template ("Write article") as an outline with multiple steps ("Choose topic", "Collect research notes", "Draft article", etc.) with relative dates would be invaluable. When I accept an article assignment, I could copy the outline, choose a deadline, and paste the whole thing as a task with subtasks, all with dates calculated relative to the deadline.

Dan Hotchkiss
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 29, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.