ForumsQuestionsTab to Notes Field

Tab to Notes Field
Vin Thomas

Posted: May 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
It would be awesome if we could tab to the notes field somehow. I don't know if this is really doable, but it would be nice. I can the entire task without using the mouse other than the notes field.

Just a thought.

Thanks!
Anders

Posted: May 15, 2009
Vin, you seem to have left out a key verb. Are you talking about editing a task? I would like to be able to add an entire task without the keyboard(Edit: should say "mouse") coming into play.

This message was edited May 16, 2009.
Vin Thomas

Posted: May 16, 2009
I am actually talking about adding a subtask. But yes, also editing a task would require this as well.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
It is a very good idea. Excuse my previous confusing reply. For some reason, I was under the impression that I couldn't enter whole new task without using the mouse, but I can.

As for this request, I think it would do to just be able to tab onto the note icon, and hit enter to add/edit a note. Is that what you were getting at, Vin? Or were you talking about the note field just opening up when you tab through the task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Vin Thomas

Posted: May 17, 2009
Posted by Anders:
As for this request, I think it would do to just be able to tab onto the note icon, and hit enter to add/edit a note. Is that what you were getting at, Vin?

Yes Anders. That is exactly the kind of functionality I could use. I don't think the field needs to be opened when I tab, but at least have the option to open it (with Enter or such).
cj

Posted: May 18, 2009
Put me down as a yes for that feature too.

Even better if you have a mouseover preview of the notes - mouseover would work over almost any field - this way I could see a preview of notes without ever opening the notes, or scrolling or tabbing to the notes icon.

Posted by Vin Thomas:
Posted by Anders:
As for this request, I think it would do to just be able to tab onto the note icon, and hit enter to add/edit a note. Is that what you were getting at, Vin?

Yes Anders. That is exactly the kind of functionality I could use. I don't think the field needs to be opened when I tab, but at least have the option to open it (with Enter or such).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 19, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.