ForumsQuestionsGoals Feature

Goals Feature
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted: Apr 01, 2015
Score: 7 Reference
Are there any plans to update/enhance the goals feature? It seems that in the latest design work, we have Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists & Habits sitting proudly at the top of the page, whilst Goals is shuffled off under the Organize. I would like to know if there are plans to enhance the goals section, or if Outlines is the new Goals?

Goals doesn't even appear in the ipad or iphone app.

Another app I've been trying (specific to Goal setting) has functionality to combine tasks and habits under one Goal, and track the % complete based upon those options. Seems like Toodledo now has all the building blocks to also bring all this together. Would love to have everything in one place.

Thanks - Huw
ken.michaud

Posted: Apr 01, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Strongly seconded. This is the only major feature that Toodledo is really missing. Everything else that I'd change about Toodledo is secondary or only requires some tweaking.

I don't like GoalsOnTrack (it's expensive, developers are nontransparent, and they don't even give you a free trial) but this is one thing they do that Toodledo should replicate: http://www.goalsontrack.com/

This message was edited Apr 01, 2015.
Salgud

Posted: Apr 02, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Goals is under Organize because they are attached to tasks directly. They are not separate entities like Outlines, Lists and Habits.
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 03, 2015
If one is proactive rather than reactive, ideally Roles followed by Goals are the primary and superintending category of ones life. Organizationally all other tasks/activities/programs/habits should fit under one or other of these Goals (with a few exceptions).

A logical workflow could be : Roles > Goals > Projects > Habits & Tasks > Sub-tasks & Checklists > Calendar & Notification Reminders > Graphical Statistics.

Since you are in the process of re-designing the interface, it may be opportune to consider how to approximate this workflow.

Thanks

This message was edited Apr 03, 2015.
Sabina A.

Posted: Apr 06, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by huwevans projecthelm.com:
Are there any plans to update/enhance the goals feature? It seems that in the latest design work, we have Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists & Habits sitting proudly at the top of the page, whilst Goals is shuffled off under the Organize. I would like to know if there are plans to enhance the goals section, or if Outlines is the new Goals?

Goals doesn't even appear in the ipad or iphone app.

Another app I've been trying (specific to Goal setting) has functionality to combine tasks and habits under one Goal, and track the % complete based upon those options. Seems like Toodledo now has all the building blocks to also bring all this together. Would love to have everything in one place.

Thanks - Huw

You may need to activate the Goals field in the apps settings under "Fields and Defaults". Also, thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on time frames, but we'll consider it for a future update.
Howard Lobb

Posted: Sep 26, 2015
I strongly agree with "Huw" that I'd love to see a stronger Goals section in ToodleDo. I love ToodleDo and you've made really nice improvements with Outlines, Lists and Habits, I'm really trying to do more with goals in my life and I'd love to have this incorporated into ToodleDo. Graphically, Goals just gets buried, so I forget about them. I wish they would stand out more visually and graphically and command attention. Perhaps you could include the option of inserting your own motivating visualization image for each goal (maybe as a background image?). On the iPhone 5s and iPad Mini (iOS 8.3, ToodleDo 3.3.1), the GUI is rather poor with the text of one goal spilling over the limited one-line space allotted. Thank you for your great work so far, and I hope you're able to do even more with Goals!!
GM+

Posted: Oct 07, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
Goals and projects are very important point for me and a locical consequence of a full perspective task management. I hope that will be stronger implemented and the link between task habits and goals. Thank you !
tomwest

Posted: Nov 18, 2015
I as well would love to see this updated an enhanced. One item specifically is the ability to set timelines. All goal setting tutorials, etc. all stress that they should be time sensitive. They should have a start and end date that is measurable. That is one significantly big drawback.
Miloo

Posted: Jan 14, 2016
I'm just starting the new years work flow and I agree completely with everything mentioned above about the need of goals and measurement of progress in relation to them. I love toodledo as a task manager and used for 1 year as my go-to, but looking back on that year that passed and not be able to see all the progress in working towards the "goals" is really an issue since it is very dismotivating (it basically feels like you haven't done any progress at all). At the moment I need to try to find the feature somewhere else since it's really too important to be without for long term task management and planning. As said this is something where http://www.goalsontrack.com/ really shines as a good example. I really hope to see the feature soon, or at least an integration with an application that can supply such tracking. Even being able in the statistic section view specific goals as how many tasks done vs how many left + how much time spend on finished tasks and how much time left for unfinished tasks would be make a huge difference as a temporal solution. Otherwise thanks for a fantastic app!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.