ForumsQuestionsAbout Repeating Tasks

About Repeating Tasks
synchroswimr

Posted: May 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi! I have a series of tasks I want to import that I want to repeat on, for example, the first Monday of January each year. I tried to import a phrase like that as the repeat, but it didn't work. I looked at the help about repeating tasks, but it doesn't look like this format for repeat is set up. Is that true, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Anders

Posted: May 24, 2009
I racked my brain, but I can't think of any way to get that repeat pattern. Toodledo's advanced options cover most types of repeats, but I guess that just isn't one of them. You could get something close, by doing repeat every 52 weeks, or something like that, but it would probably be easier just to set up the new task after completing the previous one each year.

What I would probably do is make it a daily repeating task due the First Monday next January. Then after completing it, the repeat would be generated, and sitting there for me to look at until I changed the date to the First Monday of the next January. Of course by then, I wouldn't be surprised if Toodledo had added more advanced options.

~Anders

This message was edited May 24, 2009.
synchroswimr

Posted: May 25, 2009
Thanks, Anders. That would be a great feature to have, but I know that the Toodledo people are probably really busy. Thanks for your help, I will just have to do it manually until they add it! :-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2009
Here is the topic that explains all the repeating options that we support.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.