ForumsQuestionsWhen adding tasks through Google Now, they are being duplicated

When adding tasks through Google Now, they are being duplicated
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 18, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
We are aware of this bug but have not been able to reproduce it ourselves. We'll keep trying.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 18, 2015
It could be, since we tried it with a different device and didn't get duplicates. We'll try to track down a Galaxy S3 to test on.
ken.michaud

Posted: May 21, 2015
Same problem - Galaxy S4 with custom ROM (AOKP)
derek_collier

Posted: Jun 01, 2015
Hi, same problem with my Note 2 LTE ON 4.4.2. Only happens when using Google Now 'note to self' with Toodledo, works with other task lists like Trello and Evernote.
tomcal

Posted: Jun 08, 2015
Same problem with Samsung S6 Edge. Is "Note to self" the only way to add to TD via Google Now?
mpacker

Posted: Jun 13, 2015
Same deal for me, too, both on my phone and tablet.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 5.0, Build LRX21T.G9000VVRU1BOC4
Tablet: Samsung Tab 8, Android 4.4.2, Build KOT49H.T310UEUCNK1

I'm also running DGT GTD on the same device. Any chance that's part of the mix?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 15, 2015
This is a known issue that we are working on. In the meantime, please add tasks inside the app instead of via Google Now.
mpacker

Posted: Jun 16, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Ummmm...I'm **DRIVING** when I use this feature, so I think I'll take the double entry hit instead of using the app. ;)

This message was edited Jun 16, 2015.
mpacker

Posted: Jun 18, 2015
I don't know if this is any help but at least today I noticed that the second instance of the task shows up maybe seconds after the first instance. Enough of a delay that I first thought the issue was fixed.
elliottsouder

Posted: Jul 01, 2015
Same problem on a verizon Note 3, 4.4.2 with custom ROM.

And for what it's worth, I have DGT GTD installed.

E
Yonten.

Posted: Jul 04, 2015
Same problem for me on Galaxy S5. Before and after an upgrade from Kitkat to Lollipop.
mpacker

Posted: Jul 08, 2015
I don't know if this is a solution for anyone else, but install Google Keep, use it for "Note To Self" and just transfer those tasks that actually require the "heavier weight" of ToodleDo and keep the rest in Keep. I am finding Keep an **excellent** lightweight note tool that even allows me to share with others. No, I'm not a shill for Google. Promise.

P.S. I just had an upgrade in my Galaxy S5 Lollilpop OS and the duplication problem is still there. Dang.

This message was edited Jul 08, 2015.
mpacker

Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Jake/ToodleDo Admin,

We are at about the one month mark from where ToodleDo has acknowledged this problem of duplicate entries when using Google "note to self". From the postings it looks like this happens on enough platforms/OS releases that you should be able to reproduce the issue. I can't speak for anyone else, but that seems to be ample time to resolve this issue. I will speak for everyone else and say we have been politely patient. Are there plans afoot to actually fix this problem before the summer is over? Or would you guys like to be at least honest enough to say directly "small problem for us, not really interested in it, we'll get to it when we get to it...go away you're pestering us".

Be aware that the combination of not answering and not fixing is essentially equivalent to saying the above...just a little more demoralizing as what it indicates regarding ToodleDo's level of concern about customers such as us.

Marty

This message was edited Jul 13, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Two things.

1) The "Note to self" is a newish feature of Android and is not the primary way that we expect people to add tasks to Toodledo and is not currently a supported way to add tasks. Its a cool feature and we do plan to support it as soon as we can.
2) Our Android developer left and we are currently looking for a replacement. Once we find someone this will be the first bug we fix.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.