ForumsQuestionsPlease change the way the hand works

Please change the way the hand works
stuarts28

Posted: May 26, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
The move hand function in subtasks is awful.

I have been trying for the last five minutes to move one task above another in a subtask, and it won't go in the right spot.

It is very clunky and temperamental.

How about implementing some up and down arrows, so it is an easy matter to move subtasks about without wasting lots of time trying to figure out the right place to 'drop' a task?
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
Manual reordering of tasks is not possible on Toodledo. The hand only drags a task under or out of a parent task, or from one parent to another. I thought this was listed as one of Toodledo's top requests, but I can't find that thread anymore.
~Anders

This message was edited May 26, 2009.
stuarts28

I can see why it would be listed as a top request.

I have a list of 400 to-do's and am trying to get down to the nitty gritty thought work, but am ending up having to sort the subtasks in the correct order in excel, before putting them in Toodledo one at a time. Which strikes me as kinda dumb, when it is supposed to be an organizational aid.

I really hope the many subtask problems get sorted soon.

I find myself battling with Toodledo, rather then working harmoniously with it at the moment.
stuarts28

Am I missing something here?

I just sorted out a long list of subtasks to a particular task in excel.

I then tried adding them to beneath the task in Toodledo as subtasks.

The first 4 were in the right order on top of one another, but the 5th one then added itself to just beneath the task ie in the wrong order.

As Anders said, you can't change the order. So I tried deleting it and reinserting it, but it still ended up just below again. Which is useless.

This is very frustrating. It seems the subtasks is a total waste of time if you have more then four.

EDIT - Ok. Putting 01, 02, 03 etc etc before the name of the tasks and then sorting by task gets them in the right order. But it is still stupid that this kind of workaround is needed.

This message was edited May 26, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Toodledo does not currently support manual sorting of tasks or subtasks, although this is planned for a future update.

Currently, subtasks are sorted automatically by the criteria that you have selected. So, if you are sorting your list by "Priority", then the subtasks will be sorted by "Priority" as well.
Anders

Posted by Toodledo:
Currently, subtasks are sorted automatically by the criteria that you have selected. So, if you are sorting your list by "Priority", then the subtasks will be sorted by "Priority" as well.

Really, even when nested?
I had no idea, but that gives me some interesting ideas. I have to try some things out. :)
Vin Thomas

Posted by Toodledo:

This is another area that my "star" sort technique is beneficial. The parent tasks are sorted to the top, but the remaining tasks (and all subtasks) are sorted based on status, then importance.

See my screencast for futher explanation: http://tr.im/kSiH
Anders

Posted by Vin Thomas:
This is another area that my "star" sort technique is beneficial. The parent tasks are sorted to the top, but the remaining tasks (and all subtasks) are sorted based on status, then importance.

I immediately thought of your system when I read this. I can't believe I never noticed or even expected this behavior. With this and Toodledo adding sort by star to the iPhone, I am seriously thinking of going with the Vinstem(Vin system).
~Anders
Anonymous81643

Posted: Jun 20, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Toodledo does not currently support manual sorting of tasks or subtasks, although this is planned for a future update.

Hi, may I ask when will manual sorting be finally implemented? Please don't tell me it's next year =(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 21, 2009
We don't have a date that we can comment on at this time. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.