ForumsQuestionsEmail Task to Folders with Spaces in Name

Email Task to Folders with Spaces in Name
gregorycorliss72

Posted: Aug 12, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I am attempting to email a task to my Work - Project Initiations Folder.
When I put *Work - Project Initiations in the email subject it goes just to the Work Folder.
How do I go about sending it to the correct folder? Is there some sort of space delimiter I can use?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 12, 2015
The problem is with the - character in the folder name. With the email importer, the - character has a special meaning of location.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

So, it is trying to put it into folder "Work" and location "Project Initiations" which doesn't exist. This is one of the major limitations of our email import feature, and there really isn't a good way around it. I suggest that you remove the - from the folder name

This message was edited Aug 12, 2015.
eric.bromey

Posted: Sep 23, 2015
Hello,

I can only confirm that the special caracters make the use of the email functionality almost impossible. It start already with the forwarding of a received mail to Toodledo for a task should be created . In the subject we will have for instance "Fwd: subject". Toodledo will truncate after the double dot.

Next, the "-" sign if often used by people in the subject as well. For instance "Project xyz - steering committee preparation" will be truncated after "Project xyz"

I hope a solution will be found in the near future as the initial idea of sending emails to Toodledo is excellent

Best regards
Eric
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Sep 23, 2015
The ideia would be:

Allow add to Toodledo by email deactivating the custom formatting - simply passing the email to the "Inbox"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.