ForumsQuestionsFolder Names in Hotlist

Folder Names in Hotlist
n4simpson

Posted: Aug 18, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

Is it possible to display a task's Folder in the Hotlist?

I still want to sort by Importance, but the only way I can get the Folder to display is to sort by Folder.

I use a separate folder for each client project and the tasks are often similar for each project. At the moment I have to include a project identifier in each task to be able to distinguish them in the Hotlist.

It would be great of there was an option to display the Folder name at the far right of the task, i.e. instead of the status (i.e. overdue, due today etc) which is of less interest (at least to me).

If not currently possible, hopefully this is something the team will consider in the refresh of the Tasks section.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 18, 2015
If you view your list in "Grid Format" instead of "Multi-Line Format" then you'll be able to see each field, including the folder name for each task. "Multi-Line Format" is a de-cluttered view that shows only the task's title and the field you are sorting on. It currently isn't possible to setup Multi-Line format to show a field other than the one sorted on. We'll consider this for a future update.
bgarrett

Posted: Aug 31, 2015
I just logged on this morning and apparently got the new user interface. I'm posting a reply here because I think the original user was experiencing the same problem I am just now. Namely: my list of note folders has disappeared. What I get now is a list I can sort by folder and then collapse all the folder names until I get something vaguely resembling what I used to see in the left hand list. But it doesn't work like it used to. Instead of having a list of folder names I could select and then see what notes are inside that folder, I now have this really awkward expandible-collapsible list that pushes all my other folder names off the panel the instant I expand one.

It's amazing how one little change to a UI can completely break the user experience and make using the product really, Really frustrating. Please tell me there is a way to get my folder list back the way it was that I am simply overlooking. Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 31, 2015
I am sorry if our change is making it frustrating. This is certainly not our intention and we are working quickly to address everyone's issues with our recent changes. We want to be able to improve this website, but we also want to avoid disrupting people's workflow. This is why we need input from our users like you.

I am not sure that I understand your feedback and I am hoping that you can elaborate. It sounds like you are in the Notes section and trying to look at your list of folders and then select a folder to view the notes in that folder. Is that correct? If so, what you need to do is click the folder icon in the blue ribbon on the left side of the screen. This will show your list of folders in the sidebar just like before and then you can click the folder you want. If this doesn't answer your question, please let us know.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.