ForumsQuestionsIs there a way to add the other fields directly in Task field?

Is there a way to add the other fields directly in Task field?
digital_carver

Posted: Aug 18, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
This is a pretty basic question, but I don't know exactly what terms to use to search for it. Essentially, I'm looking for a way to specify due dates, contexts, etc. in the 'Task' field of the 'Add Task' pane - for eg., "Do XYZ due by tomorrow 5 PM @errands".

I remember using this feature (at least the date and time part) in RememberTheMilk, and it made things much easier. Even if they fields are only a few Tab keys away, it still makes an enormous difference (especially to a touch typist like me) to be able to type it all in one go rather than jump from field to field.

Is there a way to enable this? I vaguely remember something like this being mentioned in the Help pages, but on trying it out Toodledo just saved the text as it is, didn't interpret the due date or time mentioned within the text.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 18, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
This is not currently possible. To set the due-date, you would press tab until the cursor is in the due-date field and then type "tomorrow". You can't type it all into the task field, but with a few tab keys, you can accomplish the same thing without using your mouse.
coolexplorer

Posted: Aug 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by digital_carver:
I'm looking for a way to specify due dates, contexts, etc. in the 'Task' field of the 'Add Task' pane - for eg., "Do XYZ due by tomorrow 5 PM @errands".

This would be a great productivity enhancer. Currently this is the most talked about feature and a big pull for user of other Task managers.

This message was edited Aug 19, 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.