ForumsQuestionsNote section of task is part white and part gray

Note section of task is part white and part gray
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 31, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
We did change the width of the notes attached to a task. Before, notes were the full width of the task list, which could extend past the right side of the screen, making it really hard to read the note because you would have to scroll horizontally back and forth to see each line. Also, narrower blocks of text are easier to read. This is why newspapers use narrow columns. So, we shrunk the maximum width of the note a little bit to make it easier to read.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 31, 2015
I see the problem now. If the only thing the note contains is a very very long URL, then yes editing that note could be difficult. I just tried, and it is possible if you are very careful to click above or below the link in the white space. You can also switch to "Multi-line format" for viewing your tasks and then click the note icon to edit it. We'll look into optimizing it. In the meantime, you can add some other text to your note so that there is something to click.

"Link: http://www……"
SES21

Posted: Sep 01, 2015
Jake,

I sure hope you'll consider making this narrower Note box a settings option! Default it to on if you like but please give us a choice of having a wider Note box.

I really dislike scrolling & I had things set so I didn't need to scroll horizontally. The auto-collapse ribbon will restore that but the skinny Notes box is causing me much unneccessary vertical scrolling now! Please give us an option.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.