ForumsQuestionsHow do I Freeze the TD Headmast

How do I Freeze the TD Headmast
coolexplorer

Posted: Sep 28, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I used to be able to scroll down the TD website page in the Task Tab while the Head-mast with the Breadcrumb bar and the Column titles remained frozen and visible. This was a small but essential feature. Now when I scroll down the Head-mast disappears and disorients me. I don't see anything in the Setting which allows this option. Has their been some change?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If your web browser window is tall enough (700 pixels) then the header will automatically stick to the top of the screen when you scroll. If your window is too short, then there isn't room to do this so the entire page will scroll.
Brian_14

The masthead has been stationary on my Task page ever since I selected it be so in settings some time ago. I no longer see the setting but, at least for me, still stationary on Task page. Is it possible yet, Jake, to make it stationary on all pages?

This message was edited Sep 28, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This setting is no longer customizable. It is the default setting now. We did this because having this be customizable was making development very difficult and slow because of all the special edge cases. If you want the header to not stick at the to of the page, then you will need to make your window shorter than 700 pixels tall.
Brian_14

Would very much like it to be stationary on all pages, not just the Task page. Is this in the works?
coolexplorer

Posted: Sep 29, 2015
Posted by Jake:
If your web browser window is tall enough (700 pixels) then the header will automatically stick to the top of the screen when you scroll. If your window is too short, then there isn't room to do this so the entire page will scroll.

Jake, thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why such an obviously sensible thing disappeared.
I use a Dell Inspiron N5110 SRS wide-monitor laptop with a Display resolution of 1366 X 768 . I use a Chrome bookmark bar on top and the standard Windows 10 task bar at the bottom.

At a magnification of 100% the TD head-mast scrolls and when I change it to 90% it stick to the top (my preferred option), but then the text gets too small for comfort.
Basically it works as you state.

Can we reduce the width of the TD mast-head slightly or reduce the allowed standard to 650 pixels to allow for 'head-mast sticking' on more devices. After all I am on a regular laptop, not a tablet, phablet or mobile.

By the way the new Star and Note icons are now very clearly visible.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2015
We'll look into it.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 05, 2015
Jake, it seems that you have made some display adjustment so that the TD head-mast now stick to the top of my laptop screen when the zoom is 100%. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.