ForumsQuestionsAppigo Todo metadata

Appigo Todo metadata
dave.erwin

Posted: Sep 29, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I use ToodleDo (Silver subscription, to support subtasks) and sync with Appigo Todo on my iPhone.

Whenever I create a Project or Checklist on Todo, it seems to use the note field for metadata with regard to projects. For example, every project has the following in the note field.

---- Task Type: Project ----
---- End Task Type ----

If I remove it, it is no longer a project. Does anyone have further information of the rules of this metadata?

Full disclosure, this post is really a resurrection of an old thread from 2011. That short thread (linked below) suggested contacting Appigo's helpful support team (haha, sure) and also blamed it on the fact that Todo wasn't supporting a new API. That was over four years ago though and there's clearly no resolution. Any ideas?
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/9379/0/appigo-todo-metadata.html
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Appigo is a different company that has an app that syncs with Toodledo. I believe that they do put some special information into the note. There is a way for them to store this data elsewhere in a special spot that we reserve for 3rd party apps, but I don't know if they do this or not. Please ask Appigo.com for further assistance.
dave.erwin

Posted: Oct 02, 2015
I just contacted Appigo and had a few exchanges with Jeff Hammond over there. As I expected, they are aware of this issue but could care less about it and have no plans to address it. I had been an Todo app and Todo Cloud paying member a few years ago, but cancelled the Todo Cloud subscription because it was utter garbage and the managers at Appigo didn't seem to care. Important requests on the forums would sit ignored for years, with hundreds of people commenting but the mods would be absent. It was absolutely an atmosphere where they don't care about you at all once they have your money. So, I switched to Toodledo. But I still use the Todo app because it is much more polished. Also, the "Quick Menu" is a killer feature that I'm not willing to give up just yet. I'm crossing my fingers that the Toodledo iPhone app improves in these respects.

But, back to the current issue....I can't be the only one experiencing this. What is everyone else doing? Just ignoring it?

This is disruptive to my workflow because it creates lots of wasted space and distracting info when trying to scroll to through many tasks. Productivity tools are supposed to make you more efficient, not bog you down with distracting and useless info. Hiding the Notes field is not a good option because it is time consuming and it will remove all Notes, even useful ones.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.