ForumsQuestionsContacts

Contacts
jpropper

Posted: Jun 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Are there any apps that integrate toodledo with a good solid contact management? Or, what apps are you folks using for contacts that may be especially conducive to working in sort of a parallel way?

Thanks.
Anders

The only one I can think of that allows true integration is Outlook with the Chromatic Dragon sync tool for Toodledo.

I use Google contacts online, and Thunderbird offline. Google contacts only works with Toodledo in that you can put the Toodledo iGoogle gadget in your Gmail page if you want, but it is a really good contact manager. Thunderbird has no sync with Toodledo :( , but what I do is use an addon called ThunderBrowse I believe, which sticks a little browser within Thunderbird, so you can have a tab open to Toodledo, and another one for you email reading pane.

~Anders
Vin Thomas

Anders,

Have you tried Gmail with gears? I bet you could use that for your crm without the need for thunderbird.
Anders

Posted by Vin Thomas:
Anders,

Have you tried Gmail with gears? I bet you could use that for your crm without the need for thunderbird.

I have not tried it, and I may, but the problem is I also have a Zimbra mail account, and far less importantly, a hotmail account, and TB can handle all of them. Zimbra also has a desktop app which I have not tried, so I may check that out as well.
Anders

BTW, I made the suggestion of a simple contact manager built into Toodledo here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2023/-9513/adding-contacts-and-favorites-in-toodledo.html
Feel free to add your support if you think it is a good idea.

~Anders
TheGriff_2

Wouldn't it be cool if the tag field (or a new field) could be linked to your Google contacts list?
Anders

Posted by TheGriff:
Wouldn't it be cool if the tag field (or a new field) could be linked to your Google contacts list?

That's just the sort of thing that I was hoping might be possible if Toodledo could add a simple contact manager of its own with import and export functions.

Oh, but yes that would be cool :)
TheGriff_2

My thought is that it would be simpler for TD folks to allow for use of Google contacts than to build their own. Not to mention, for me, administration would be lessened. Just seems a smarter not to "reinvent the wheel" as my co-worker would say.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.