ForumsQuestionsQuestion about the recent downtime

Question about the recent downtime
The Dave

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Get any sleep yet? If not, you should probably give it some serious thought before any heads explode.

Thanks for all your efforts, these things unfortunately do happen sometimes, and the status updates during the outage were greatly appreciated!
freerodo

Score: 2 Reference
Seriously! I just hope most users are understanding under these circumstances. I would hate to see this event hurt the progress of the development of this site.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for an amazing site!

And YES - thank you for recovering the data!

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
Jeremy

Score: 1 Reference
I second that....get some sleep. Thanks for the commitment to getting things back up...
cjp

Score: 3 Reference
woot, it's back up! with our data!

successful recovery is successful!

nice work!
Vin Thomas

Thanks!
Jules

Great work.. and thanks for the updates ... cant be helped sometimes ...
cyndy666

glad you're back, toodledo! thanks for keeping us updated during the recovery progress. now go get some rest. we'll still be here when you get back. :-)
jamezzz

Thanks for your communicating the progress being made during this downtime. Unfortunately, these things happen sometimes. What's important is the communication you maintain with your customers during these times...and there you've been true to Toodledo's reputation...thanks for the updates and your hardwork.

Now get some sleep!
Linden

Kudos for getting everything back up. As with the others, I really appreciated the updates -- you were obviously doing everything you could to get things back up ASAP!

Best of luck with the revised prevention/recovery plan you mentioned was already in the works. But definitely wait until you've had some shut-eye! :)
jiuyen

+1 for every post above

Good work with a tough situation.
PTaubman

Score: 4 Reference
Bravo! Well done!

I am free subscriber, but will be signing up for the subscription based service just because of the way you handled this!

Thanks!

Paul.
http://www.AllAboutGratitude.com
Kathy

Ditto the above for me too. Missed ya, but oh so glad you're back! My data looks totally intact, so your recovery efforts were spot on. Definitely get rest and be proud. You've got lots of fans!
rob

Thanks for the tireless work! I know you made Herculean efforts to get things back up.

I, for one, am a little disappointed, because I refreshed my browser, and realized I had a lot To Do! I was hoping things might stay down until Friday at 5pm. ;-)

This illustrates (on a small scale) a real-world incident of an ever-increasing challenge as we move services into the cloud. Hopefully other cloud computing developers are watching what happened to Toodledo, and are taking steps to prevent or mitigate this kind of thing in their own services.

Thanks again!
voss.shawn

I love this service! Thanks for your efforts in restoring the data, and thanks for all that you do. Keep up the good work!
jan.van.ryswyck

Good job on the data restore. I hope this has been a learning opportunity. Really appreciated the updates on the site. Thx.
Jerry

Score: 1 Reference
Just adding to the Thanks posts. I appreciate the simple, straight-forward, up-front communications, and from the sounds of it many others did, too. You provide a service that is valuable and any service, web or real-life, can experience outages.
Allen

Welcome back, toodledo! You were greatly missed. I really appreciated the openness you had with what was going on. While inconvenient, the downtime was more bearable not being entirely in the dark.
joshroman

Great job! Thank you for your hard work. I've personally spent far too much time working feverishly hunched over a keyboard in data centers, so I know how stressful it can be!

Two minor suggestions for future (hopefully far in the future) outages: put timestamps on your updates and consider using the Toodledo Twitter account as a communication mechanism.
Ann

This must have been some of the most miserably hours of your lives, I suppose...
Glad everything is back (and without loss, afaik.)
The updates were very reassuring...
jpropper

Score: 0 Reference
We are all so locked-in with our schedules that we could have gone another 2 days!!!!

Jon P
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.