ForumsQuestionsFeature request: detail pane under the task list in web client

Feature request: detail pane under the task list in web client
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Adding a detail pane under the task list that shows editable notes, due dates etc. for a currently highlighted task would make it easier to work with entries.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Even currently you can see all the details related to a task in the various columns, and the task notes if the "show task details" is on. Under the extreme right caret icon Format you can use either the Grid format or the Multi-line format to see all details.
Olivir2015

Posted: Oct 29, 2015
Not to mention that ever-present detail pane would strongly limit the number of listed tasks. The Grid view that I am using is allowing me precisly what the OP wants, unless of course I am missing something.
Ummagumma

The idea was to make it a toggle function, sorry if I wasn't clear.

Yes I know you can see the details after clicking on the extreme right, or in columns. But that's extra work plus it's hard to concentrate on details for one task when you have a lot of them. On computers with large screens, having a task detail pane would be very useful.
coolexplorer

I see what you mean. Toggle may work.
I personally prefer and use TD instead of other Task Managers because one can see all task details, of all tasks, at a glance, and can change them instantaneously without opening and closing panels.

I don't like other Task Managers like Trello, Todoist, etc because you have to click on a task for it to open a panel showing dates, priorities, subtasks, notes, etc. Why hide all that behind a curtain that requires repeated clicking. TD shows everything upfront. In your face, deal with it. ;)

You can decide what to see by showing or hiding fields, adding your own variables, arranging them in the order you want, or choosing the format/views you want.
It is as far as you can realistically go towards a personal customization app catering to an individuals way of working.

It works for me, and I am sure for many who have deliberately chosen TD as their Task Manager.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are thinking about other "optional" ways to display your tasks in addition to "Grid" and "Multi-Line" view.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.