ForumsQuestionsFeature request: double click to collapse / expand side bar

Feature request: double click to collapse / expand side bar
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
The current behavior is to expand the bar on the left when you click on a folder / tag / context etc. icon, but you need to use a dedicated button to collapse them.

I wonder if this could be done via double click on the same button.

I.e.

- click on Folder icon - expand Folder bar

- click on Tags icon - switch to Tags bar

- double click on Tags icon - collapse the left bar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
Mike

Posted: Nov 23, 2015
I was wondering if there was a way to FURTHER expand the side bar....

For me, I do a weekly review and I use folders as projects. When I do my review, I click on the folders icon and the left hand side bar cuts off all the folder names that are longer than a certain length. it would interesting if I could click a button and temporarily make the left side column wider so I could see the full folder name.

Right now you have a button for collapsing the column which also expands or reverts the column to its original/predefined size. It would be cool if you could click again and it provide an "extended width" view. The button clicks could loop / cycle through collapse, expand, further expand, collapse, expand, etc....

Thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2015
Currently the sidebar can show the first 18 characters of a folder name and then you need to hover over it to see the rest. We may consider allowing more characters in the future. In the meantime, I recommend trying to shorten your folder names if possible, if you want to see the full name in the sidebar.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.