ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calendar integration...

Google Calendar integration...
insanum

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I've come to the conclusion that the ways to integrate tasks with due dates to Google Calendar kinda sucks.

1. Turning on the calendar subscription is great but Google "rarely" re-syncs so updates are very slow. Google issue I know.
2. The IFTTT recipes are also great but a task will never get updated if its due date is modified. IFTTT/Toodledo issue.

Does anyone have a better solution?

Having the ability to have quicker calendar updates would be so sweet. Implementing such a feature and making it available with a Gold Subscription would add more value.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 12, 2015
Well, Outlook.com calendar does have the same issue with subscribed calendars:-( For now, I am using Sunrise calendar - it has a web interface and syncs to Toodledo directly (and I think it's a two way sync too). For some people, Sunrise is dead now as it has stopped it's developement and will be integrated in Outlook.com, but that is what I want anyway...
coolexplorer

Posted: Nov 14, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by insanum:
I've come to the conclusion that the ways to integrate tasks with due dates to Google Calendar kinda sucks.

1. Turning on the calendar subscription is great but Google "rarely" re-syncs so updates are very slow. Google issue I know.

Having the ability to have quicker calendar updates would be so sweet. ....

Its doable. The TD developer has to find out and implement how to bend the Google Calendar API to implement an immediate force sync from TD. The Android App "Ultimate ToDo List" does this immediate two-way sync successfully. I have been asking for this for a long time as IMO I believe strongly that Tasks with Due dates or the days Hotlist should feature in ones calendar so that once can see whether one has enough time to do them or one needs to reschedule them to a future date. Currently I need to refer to both my Calendar and TD repeatedly.

The other allied requested feature is to have a calendar like view in TD where one can see ones dated tasks in dairy like calendar slots for the day, week, month.

Still holding out for such improvements since the pace of TD developments has been increased and the UX is being looked at.
Adrien Beau

Posted: Nov 16, 2015
Posted by coolexplorer:
The other allied requested feature is to have a calendar like view in TD where one can see ones dated tasks in dairy like calendar slots for the day, week, month.

Toodledo already has a calendar view (I use it a lot). Two months are shown in the sidebar in typical calendar representation. Inside each day, a dot represents a dated task due for that day. Click on a day to show the tasks due that day. Click on the chevrons to the left side of a week to show the tasks due that week. Click on a month name to show the tasks due that month.

(I hope I understood your text correctly. It contains a lot of strange words such as "allied" and "dairy".)
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted: Nov 18, 2015
Posted by Olivir2015:
Well, Outlook.com calendar does have the same issue with subscribed calendars:-( For now, I am using Sunrise calendar - it has a web interface and syncs to Toodledo directly (and I think it's a two way sync too). For some people, Sunrise is dead now as it has stopped it's developement and will be integrated in Outlook.com, but that is what I want anyway...

How are you getting the two way sync with Sunrise? I downloaded Sunrise iOS, but I don't see Toodledo listed under the applications in the accounts setup space.

Thx.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 18, 2015
Sorry, I am to blame:-( That was from time when I was using Todoist... Sunrise does not support Toodledo:-(

Posted by huwevans projecthelm.com:
Posted by Olivir2015:

How are you getting the two way sync with Sunrise? I downloaded Sunrise iOS, but I don't see Toodledo listed under the applications in the accounts setup space.

Thx.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.