ForumsQuestionsTasks automatically duplicating when date changed

Tasks automatically duplicating when date changed
vinny.odowd

Posted: Nov 18, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
For about a week now, in the Android app, I will select an item and change the start date from today to something in the future. Rather then the item being updated it is automatically duplicated. This wil happen every single time.

There is no way around this in the Android app. Everything is duplicated. I tried using my tablet's and phone's web browser and this appeared to work for a day and then it started to duplicate items as well.

I have not experienced this issue on my desktop.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 18, 2015
We've seen this bug reported several times, but we have not been able to reproduce it yet. We think that it happens only on the latest version of Android, but we don't have a device right now that is compatible with Android 6 so we haven't been able to test this theory yet.
SES21

Posted: Nov 22, 2015
Jake, it's not just Android 6; I have the same issue on 4.2.2.

Vinny, have you noticed if it only happens on tasks that are subtasks or (not) repeating or ?? Is it only when you edit Start Date or other fields, too? I've been trying to figure out if there's a specific trait that's common. I'll try harder now that I know Jake & crew haven't been able to reproduce it!
vinny.odowd

Posted: Dec 03, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Sorry folks. I did not mark this as watch and was not able to find it until today!!!

- I just confirmed that it clearly happens on subtasks. The issue does not happen otherwise.
- I could not identify anything else common to the issue (e.g., it could be recurring or not, folder, context, etc., did not matter)
- When a change is made and I exit the task, a pop up indicates a task was created, not saved. When I update an item that is not a subtask, I get the message the task is saved.
- When a duplicate is created, everything is duplicated EXCEPT the fact it is a subtask. The original item IS NOT updated.
- Start or Due Date were clearly the most common issue for me but I just confirmed it happens with any change to the subtask on the mobile app.

I know you folks have to prioritize your workload and I respect that. But I'm a supporter, I love the app so let me know how I can help.

For me, this renders the mobile app close to useless as I manage my items on the fly. Also, correct me if I am wrong, it also now creates a really goofy loop in use logic.
- I can't set Alarms on the web app, I have to use the mobile app.
- If I create it on the mobile app and its a subtask, which I use a lot, the original item will not be updated and a duplicate, non-child will be created.
- I can then use the alarm on the duplicate but it will not be a child unless I go into the web app and link it. I then have to delete the original as it no longer serves a purpose.
- Every time I make a change in the mobile app I need to go through this process.

I have a ticket open and linked it here just so I can find it later - http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=60177

This message was edited Dec 03, 2015.
Andrew A

Posted: Mar 23, 2016
Was this ever resolved? I still notice this issue on Android (note 3) and it happens it seems when any kind of edit is made to a subtask.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 24, 2016
This has been fixed in our development version and we are preparing a release with this and other bug fixes soon.
martingchapman

Posted: Mar 31, 2016
Happy I found this thread as I have started using subtasks on Android a lot and was about to report this problem.

If you need beta testers for the new version of Android then I would be happy to help.

I currently use the following Android devices.
Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation phone
LG G4 phone
Google Nexus 10 tablet
Tesco Hudl (sic) tablet

This message was edited Mar 31, 2016.
Mungwee

Posted: Apr 14, 2016
Ug, just started using subtasks and am having the same issue! Anxiously awaiting the fix! Getting so annoyed that I'm considering dropping subtasks and thus my paid subscription as that's the only reason I have a paid subscription is so that I can use subtasks. Frustrated!
vinny.odowd

Posted: Jun 23, 2016
This was resolved in a 2016 release. Thank you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.