ForumsQuestionsQuick Search Box

Quick Search Box
rob

Posted: Nov 25, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
My Toodledo has just lost the quick search box. I now just have a quick add task box across the whole screen. I can't believe this is deliberate. I use quick search all the time I don't want to have to open search every time. Nor do I want a screen wide quick add box. Please tell me how to get my quick search box back.
pawelkaleta

Score: 0 Reference
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Look for the magnifying glass icon at the top of the page.
rob

Posted: Nov 27, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
I know how it works! I am just saying it was better before. I can not see any benefits in this latest change.
coolexplorer

Posted: Nov 27, 2015
All the buttons in TD (add task, eye, caret, etc) have toggle function (opening and closing).
The new Search button (magnifying glass) has a toggle function only in 'Simple search, but in 'Advanced search' there is no way to Cancel the function without completing the search.

Kindly add a Cancel option in Advanced search.

Also since Saved Search Custom Views are so popular among power users, have you found a way to add "task counts" to them yet?

This message was edited Nov 27, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 28, 2015
Task counts in the search section are on our todo list. They are very expensive for us to calculate right now because we would have to run all of your searches every time you entered the search page, which would cause the page to load very slowly. However, we have a plan for getting this to work in the future.

We thought about a cancel button, but we weren't sure what to put on the page if you cancel an advanced search, it would just be a blank page. What would you like to happen if you cancel a new advanced search?
coolexplorer

Posted: Nov 28, 2015
Posted by Jake:

We thought about a cancel button, but we weren't sure what to put on the page if you cancel an advanced search, it would just be a blank page. What would you like to happen if you cancel a new advanced search?

I appreciate that a blank page would be gross. The Advanced Search could open in a pop-up so that once the Search button is pressed it could show the full new view. If the Cancel button is pressed the pop-up could close and show the earlier view (the background) from where it was launched.
I am not a programmer so you would know best if this is feasible.
ckash01_1370650680

Posted: Mar 28, 2016
I really agree that the redesign has removed Quick/Simple Search. Now you have to click the magnifying glass to do a search. An additional step versus prior to the redesign. Would rather have Quick/Simple Search as a default and remove Quick Add Task. Do a Beta before implementing a redesign to get feedback. S.O.P.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 31, 2016
We had an extensive beta testing phase before we released the redesign and we got a lot of good feedback. If you want to join our beta testing program, you can do so here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/beta.php

As for the search. It is still the same number of clicks. Before, you would click in the search box and start typing. Now you click the magnifying glass and start typing. Its the same number of clicks and keystrokes. We were careful to make sure that it wasn't more.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.