ForumsQuestionsAm I doing this right?

Am I doing this right?
New task: get cool name

Posted: Nov 29, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
So I've been using Toodledo for about a week now. I'm sill not sure I'm using this tool properly though.

What I've been trying to do is use the task list for single objectives, do washing etc. My thinking is the Outlines section is for bigger, more time/task heavy things like personal projects involving research, testing and so on but it seems like you can only attach an outline to a task and not spawn a task with an outline.

How does everyone else handle bigger projects? I'm considering just having a daily/every 2nd day recurring job where I just scan the Outlines section but there has to be a better way.

Cheers!
Dave

Posted: Nov 30, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Some folks use folders for their projects, but I would say most use the main task as the project name and subtasks for the steps in that project.
Salgud

I can't speak for most people here, I wouldn't know. I use Folders for my main projects, and parent tasks for the various tasks that have subtasks. However, there are so many ways to do it in TD, we can each create what works best for us.
New task: get cool name

That makes sense. Don't have the paid version yet so I can't do subtasks but that's coming soon. I'll make a general projects folder or maybe a recurring task just to touch the Outlines section every second day.

Personally the way tasks flow to outlines seems contrary to what I'd normally go for but considering Toodledo ticks literally every other requirement I have I'm happy to work around it.

Ninja edit: Thanks for the replies everyone!

This message was edited Nov 30, 2015.
Olivir2015

Posted: Dec 01, 2015
I am using the folders just to devide my tasks into a personal and work tasks (for saved searches primarily) and for complex tasks I have subtasks, sometimes just used like checkboxes, sometimes with due dates, as needed. As for Outlines, I am not using them for tasks at all, for me they serve as a kind of mind map for some processes and if I had a chance to disable the checkboxes for them, I would do it - but nothing I cannot live without). And I have one list for my personal software developement - I am using it as a way for tracking bugfixes and new features.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.