ForumsQuestionsBest Browser for WM6

Best Browser for WM6
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just got the new Samsung SAGA with Windows Mobile 6. It comes with opera, and IE. I also downloaded Skyfire. What is the consensus for the best mobile browser to use with TD. Up until now I have just been twittering or dial2do-ing my tasks in.

Thanks for the help...
Anders

The Iris browser IMO: http://www.torchmobile.com
Works great on Toodledo, and is an all around fantastic browser. Some people say it is slow on their devices, but it's as fast as Opera Mobile on my Touch Pro, and you can speed it up by disabling its cool animated effects though you need a registry editor to do that. That info is in their FAQ section.

~Anders
Vin Thomas

Do you use slim or the full site with Iris?
Anders

I mostly use Slim simply because I find the full site too busy for the small screen. I haven't tried everything on the full site with Iris, but it has worked perfectly on everything I have tried. Iris is somewhat similar to the iPhone browser which works as well as most desktop browsers on all the Toodledo sites, so perhaps that is why Iris fares better than IE Mobile or Opera Mobile on Toodledo. BTW, Skyfire also works well on Toodledo, but I don't like the idea of my personal data being browsed on some server somewhere, and I find its UI very unappealing (Skyfire's great for stuff like Hulu though) :)

~Anders

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009.
Vin Thomas

I agree. I just tried the slim site on Iris, and it is by far the best of the 4. Thanks for the tip!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.