ForumsQuestionsProblem with Alarm Settings dissappearing

Problem with Alarm Settings dissappearing
Salgud

Posted: Dec 23, 2015
Score: -1 Reference
The first time my alarm settings disappeared a couple of weeks ago, I just went in and reset them. Today, I decided to inquire if this is happening to others? I don't think I'm going in and removing them, unless I've started sleepwalking and just don't know it. Any suggestions as to what might cause this problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Which alarm settings are disappearing?

If you have "email alarms" configured and the emails we send you start bouncing back to us as undeliverable, then we will stop sending alarms to your email.

Similarly, if you have "iOS alarms" configured and then Apple tells us that you have disabled notifications on your phone or uninstalled the app, we will stop sending alarms to iOS.
Salgud

Score: -1 Reference
Sorry, Jake, should have said I'm talking SMS notifications to my iPhone, which has full Notification privileges turned on in my Settings. Twice now, I've gone to set an alarm for a task, the it asks me to set them up in TD, which I've already done. Is there any other place to turn them on that I'm missing?

Edit: I went back to check everything that could go wrong, found a mistype in the Verizon address, think that will fix problem. Still doesn't explain why this went wonky the first time, I'd been receiving notifications from TD for years, but it explains why it didn't take this last time.

This message was edited Dec 23, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If the SMS or email gets bounced back to us, we are obligated by the networks to stop sending any more messages otherwise we will be marked as spammers. So, definitely if you make a typo in the address, that will bounce and get removed. If you had the correct information entered and it got removed anyway, this is rare. Its possible that Verizon had a problem, or incorrectly marked Toodledo as spam and bounced the email back to us for removal. It sounds like maybe your Verizon SMS email is unreliable. I recommend adding a second backup email based alarm.
Salgud

So far (fingers crossed), this is the only problem I've had with my Verizon SMS, and I use it extensively with my family, and for years with TD, so I would be surprised if it was that. For now, I'll assume it was just a one-time glitch that started it, compounded by my fumble-fingered attempt at reentering the address.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.