ForumsQuestionsParent field for Subtasks

Parent field for Subtasks
Kimo_2

Posted: Jan 04, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
As a Gold subscriber, I am having an issue with Subtasks in regards to seeing the Parent Task in a saved search (or any other area in the "Tasks" section). What I think would rectify the issue for me would be to have an available "field" for the Parent Task labeled "Parent" that would be available to for us to choose and add to the field columns that appear when we do a saved search. A "Parent" field does appear in the "Task Details" section of "Subtasks" (on my iOS app), however, there is no such "Parent" field for us to choose for viewing in Tasks/Subtasks on the PC version or the iOS app version. The corresponding Parent folder, which is great to have when viewing the Parent Task info, is often too general to know exactly what Task the Subtask appears under.

Toodledo, can you add a "Parent" field as a choice in "Fields & Defaults" any time soon?

Much thanks for your help.

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 04, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion. Right now, you can click the subtask icon adjacent to the task to load the parent. We will try to think of a more subtle way to do this.
SES21

Posted: Jan 06, 2016
Jake, unless something has changed recently, if you then click on the icon again to get rid ot the parent (& other subtasks), you wind up with the parent in the view instead of the original subtask. It takes a refresh of the view to get that subtask back again - or at least it does for me. If there's a better way to do all this, please tell me.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 06, 2016
Posted by SES21:
Jake, unless something has changed recently, if you then click on the icon again to get rid ot the parent (& other subtasks), you wind up with the parent in the view instead of the original subtask. It takes a refresh of the view to get that subtask back again - or at least it does for me. If there's a better way to do all this, please tell me.

In the Filters box, set subtasks to Indented.
SES21

Posted: Jan 07, 2016
Yeah, but I don't like my subtasks indented so I'd have to change it every time. Takes fewer steps to just refresh it than to turn that on & back off again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.