DSM_2

Posted: Jan 07, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Something's wrong here...

I created an event on Toodledo with the following parameters:

1. Due Time of 3pm on a date
2. No Start Time
3. Alert of 1 hour before

I imported this to my iCloud calendar via iCal in the usual Toodledo way, but it shows up as a 1 hour event starting at 2pm. Why? What rules should I follow for creating events in Toodledo that *MIGHT* be imported into my Calendar?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you don't set a start-time or a duration, Toodledo has to guess. Otherwise it will show up as an all-day event. Toodledo always guesses that it is a 1 hour event. So for your event, it set it as 2pm-3pm. If you prefer it to be 3pm-4pm then you will need to set the start-time instead of the due-time.
DSM_2

Could Due-By, Due-On, and Due-After affect this? Shouldn't it? A task that is Due-By would show as 2pm-3pm, but a task that is Due-After would show as 3pm-4pm. Vary according to duration. Due-On would be treated as a (say) 10-min event at the Due time.

Alternatively, perhaps a Toodledo task that doesn't include a start-time or a duration should *not* be considered an event and, therefore, should not be included on the iCal calendar. In other words, make the definition of event a little more explicit.

In general, your definitions of these terms should be more explicit so that the exports to other forms (like iCal) make sense.
DSM_2

Posted: Jan 12, 2016
BTW, this would suggest that you need Alert before Start-Time for events. True?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 13, 2016
Maybe. Alerts are currently sent based on the due-date.
DSM_2

Posted: Jan 14, 2016
Is this all documented somewhere? In other words, the difference between event and task in Toodledo as well as how they are treated when exporting to an iCal calendar?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 14, 2016
Yes, its in our FAQ here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#91
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.