ForumsQuestionsEnhancement Request: one-click to check or set star on Tasks

Enhancement Request: one-click to check or set star on Tasks
jblindberg

Posted: Jan 07, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to request that the web user interface for Tasks have a one-click way to check (or uncheck) all the [visible] tasks currently displayed. I would also like the same one-click approach for setting all displayed tasks to Starred.

In particular, how about putting a checkbox and star in the column header bar? Then for example when you click the Star it sets all the tasks to Starred. If they are all already Starred, it would turn off the Star on each. This is a common paradigm used in other applications.
SES21

Posted: Jan 07, 2016
Not a bad idea, although I can't see myself using it. In the interim, you can use the new "batch edit on every screen" to do that. Slightly more clicks but likely faster than clicking one at a time!
jblindberg

Posted: Jan 10, 2016
For a long time I have been using the batch edit feature, which takes 7 clicks to set all of the tasks to Starred. This is why I would like a one-click technique instead.

For an example, see the select check box in Gmail - one click checks all the messages in the list.
ori.matalon

Posted: Jan 10, 2016
It is not as elegant and user-friendly as you ask, but if you go to "Search" and have a list of tasks, then you have an option to "Batch Edit This List" and you can star all tasks in batch.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.