ForumsQuestionsTasks repeat even though set for 1 week - Ipod Touch

Tasks repeat even though set for 1 week - Ipod Touch
Gordon

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Well, the tasks have indeed been deleted - why I don't know. I deleted them on the PDA, then forced a sync from the website per your instructions.

The deleted tasks are under Recently Deleted tasks at the bottom of Account Settings as you suggested.

Next question, what do I do now? The tasks are there, but I had like 50 repeating tasks that were deleted. How do I get them back active?
Anders

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Sorry that happened. It really shouldn't have, and I have know idea what happened. Unfortunately there is no way to undelete a task at this point. There are options if you happen to have any downloads like a CSV backup from before they were deleted. If you don't, the best thing to do would be to cut and paste the tasks from your deleted list into the add multiple tasks screen: http://www.toodledo.com/bulk.php
Unfortunately, that will only bring back their titles. If they shared any characteristics, you can also set that in the batch add screen, but everything else will have to be reset individually.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 23, 2009
In the "recently deleted" section it will list why the tasks were deleted. Does that give any clue as to what happened?
Gordon

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Reason: Toodledo on Iphone

No help there.
Gordon

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
I have re-imported the repeating tasks from a backup CSV file.

Problem still occurs. Task says repeat weekly on website and on Iphone, when I go into the task repeat field, it says repeat 1 day in the selector field.

I also note that all my tasks are set to repeat from due date.

How do I change my default for repeating tasks to "repeat from completion"?

I think that might be causing the problem. I will delete the tasks again and re-import after I have the default changed.
Anders

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
Posted by katoutwo:
Problem still occurs. Task says repeat weekly on website and on Iphone, when I go into the task repeat field, it says repeat 1 day in the selector field.

It will always say that in the selection field. What is important is what it says in that field before you tap to select.
I also note that all my tasks are set to repeat from due date.
How do I change my default for repeating tasks to "repeat from completion"?

That should not cause any kind of difference in length or syncing problem. You can set the default repeat to be From Completion, but you must also set a default repeat length, or the "from" part will not be saved.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 03, 2009
What happens if you try to change the repeat value on the iPhone. Does it still say "1 day"
Gordon

I will first re-import the tasks from CSV and see if that fixes the problem

How do I set default to "from completion"?

Katou
Anders

I believe anything you import through CSV will be set to repeat "from Due Date". The XML import might support different repeat types, but I don't believe so. I think this is the essence of your problem. I really don't think there is anything incorrect in the sync from iPhone to Toodledo.com. You can't really set the default to "from completion" on the website. Unfortunately, it looks like that is not an option in multiedit either, so you will have to change them all to "From Completion" individually (click on the repeat field, and then "From Completion" for each task. Once you have done that, everything should behave the way you want it to. You can incidentally set the default for new tasks to be repeat "from completion" in the iPhone app, but only if you also set a default repeat cycle like every week, or every day.
Gordon

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
I will change all of my rep tasks to From Completion and we will see...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.