ForumsQuestionsChange all tasks due yesterday to today?

Change all tasks due yesterday to today?
Bill Bowers

Posted: Jan 30, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
After posting the first version of my question, I searched "Advanced Search" and found the same question. I twas dated 2011. The reply said that to what my post referred was an enhancement with no dute date. It's been 5 years. I suspect it's available by now but I just haven't figured it out. Here is my original post.

I tried the Advanced Search and made the only rule as tasks scheduled yesterday. Actually, it forced me to choose the date, 1/29/2016.

Then after I searched it simply brought up all/only the tasks with Yesterday as the Due Date.

Do I still have to change Yesterday to Today? That's really not editing a group quicker than not using the Advanced Search. Am I missing something?

I want to be able to change a field of selected tasks with only 1 step. Another example is say I want to move all tasks in a folder to another or new folder.

Thanks.

Bill

This message was edited Jan 30, 2016.
coolexplorer

We do need an enhancement in TDs functioning to be able to select a bunch of unrelated tasks so that we can change a variable.

Yesterday I wanted to delete a whole bunch of assorted checked-off tasks so as to lighten my tasks data-base footprint. There was no way I could do it without individually clicking the trash can and then clicking yes for each task again and again a hundred times.

On the surface looks like a very basic function (offered by most apps) i.e. to click a bunch of tasks and delete, move or change one variable. Advanced Search does not work in these scenarios since there is nothing common between the tasks.

Hope you can fast-track this function Jake.
pawelkaleta

Score: 1 Reference
The walkaround hete is to create folder or context called _To_Delete and instead of clicking thrash can icon, we change the folder or context and once all the tasks to be deleted are moved there, use Advance Search to remove all of the tasks from that group.

But yes, even if it saves some time it is still the walkaround only and mutliselection of any set of tasks we want would be the best option here.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2016
We recently made 'Batch edit' more powerful by allowing it to work on any page. We have more plans to enhance this tool in the future.
Salgud

Posted: Feb 02, 2016
Posted by pawelkaleta:
The walkaround hete is to create folder or context called _To_Delete and instead of clicking thrash can icon, we change the folder or context and once all the tasks to be deleted are moved there, use Advance Search to remove all of the tasks from that group.

But yes, even if it saves some time it is still the walkaround only and mutliselection of any set of tasks we want would be the best option here.

Not sure what the advantage of this workaround is. This seems like an extra step, to give each task you want to delete a special context or folder, then delete. Why not just delete each one and save a step?

This message was edited Feb 02, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.