ForumsQuestionsIdea - pomodoro timer

Idea - pomodoro timer
jaffa_brown

Posted: Mar 15, 2016
Score: 4 Reference
Just a thought - but it would be very nice if Toodledo could include a Pomodoro facility in it.

Stay with me on this...

So pomodoro is about doing things in chunks - normally 25 minutes. So I imagine....

A screen where you could re-use the existing lists screen to define a Pomodoro list - each item could be assigned a duration (default is 25)
Then there would be a Pomodoro screen - when the 'next' item on the list is shown with a countdown clock with options to:
a) Restart clock
b) Stop clock
c) Skip this Pomodoro event
When the clock reaches zero, it goes into the (configured?) rest period - normally 10 minutes, then moves onto the next Pomodoro event on the list. When it reaches the end of the list, it goes back to the top of the list.

For a lot of people, the Pomodoro will just be 'work' or something for 25 minutes. But if you are having to do multiple things (like development, support, accounting etc) during a day your Pomodoro list might like as follows:

Software development (25)
Any support work (10)
Bug Fixes (15)
Software development (25)
Accounts and Money (10)
Planning (10)

If you wanted to be really clever, the Pomodoro tasks could be linked to ToDo folders, so that when the clock starts, the ToDo list screen is shown, filtered for that folder (showing what needs to be done for software development, or support items, or planning etc).

So your day is broken up with all your required tasks. As the clock is running, it would need to show in the header bar the current Pomodoro task and clock status.

A lot of this is already in Toodledo (clocks/timers, lists etc).

Thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 15, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
rinatwe

Posted: Aug 02, 2016
thanks, this will be very helpfull to me as well
cj

Posted: Aug 02, 2016
count me in, too ...
enesdahl7

Posted: Sep 08, 2016
This would be extremely helpful! I've used Toodledo for years now and have always used a second app to apply the pomodoro technique while completing tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.