ForumsQuestionsAll lists are custom lists!

All lists are custom lists!
boydston01

Posted: Apr 13, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Integrate "custom lists" (saved searches) and the built-in lists so that they can be managed similarly—and saved searches are not "searches" but regular lists. And the default list could be customizable. As far as I can tell, every list can be replicated using saved searches, AND can be better customized as the user needs—which kind of makes the built-in lists obsolete.

My 2 big personal pain points are:

1. I want to get rid of most of the lists! Saved searches is so powerful, I can create filters/sorts that exactly match my workflow and all the default views/tabs just clutter it up massively—especially on iOS where the amount of stuff is more impactful.

2. I can't search my saved searches. I really need to search my "custom lists."

When a user creates a new list, there can be options to create any of the original default lists. Then each list can be further customized, if needed, just like saved searches. This also opens the doors to organizing lists however we want.

Of course, users should start with all the default lists because learning to build custom lists should come later!
Salgud

Posted: Apr 14, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
2. Use your browser search, Control F
boydston01

Posted: Apr 18, 2016
Oh yeah! "Z" to reveal details, so that notes will be searched, then Ctrl F. Very nice workaround! Thank you.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2016.
simon wong

Posted: Apr 21, 2016
my pain point is that sorting cannot be saved for each unique saved search. i only work out of saved searches.
Salgud

On my system, each saved search has it's own search order. Maybe you should look again?
simon wong

thank you for your response.

so we have custom search A & B

Custom search A
"start date" "was not in the last" "500 days"

Custom search B
"context" "is not" "review"

please explain how you save the following:

Custom search A
sort 1 "folder"
sort 2 "alphabetical"
sort 3 "auto"

Custom search B
sort 1 "folder"
sort 2 "context"
sort 3 "auto"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
In your account settings under "Behavior Preferences" make sure that you have enabled "Save sort preferences on a per-list basis"
simon wong

thanks Jake.

that solution works well.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.