ForumsQuestionsDisappearing tasks

Disappearing tasks
galex49

Posted: May 01, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
From time to time, tasks just "disappear". They don't show up on my "All Tasks" list, no matter what order I choose to sort it in.

I can confirm that the tasks are still in the Toodledo database: if I know what folder they are in and search for tasks in that folder, they appear. Also, if I export to a CSV file, I find them there.

What I am doing wrong?
Salgud

Posted: May 02, 2016
The first thing to check would be your Filters, under the eyeball icon, upper right corner, to the left of "Sort". See if that is the problem. If not, let us know.
galex49

Posted: May 04, 2016
That is not the problem. All three show/hide options are set to "show". Nothing is being filtered. Every context is selected (I have 9 contexts).

There are many tasks I can't see when I look at all my tasks, but they appear when I search for the folder that they are in. This is a big enough problem that, if I can't solve it, it will force me to stop using Toodledo.

As an example, I have a task that I see when I do a search for Folder = House. It is a starred task, it is called Dandelions, it is in the House folder, its context is No Context, and its due date is April 21 (yes, I admit I'm running behind on that particular task).

That task is nowhere to be seen when I show all my tasks (sorted by Importance). But two other tasks with stars, Folder = House, and past-due dates do show up.

In fact, I find 9 tasks in the House folder when I search for it, but only 2 of them show up when I look at all tasks. I have similar problems with tasks in other folders.

What am I doing wrong?
pawelkaleta

Posted: May 05, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
There is an expandable menu (the Ribbon) on the left, you may want to check if you have 'All Tasks' view selected when you try to find your "missing" tasks. It seems like you try to find them while having some of available subviews (e.g. Started, Overdue, Recently Completed etc.) selected in this left menu and those tasks simply do not match criteria for this subview so they are not visible.

This message was edited May 05, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you think the task was accidentally deleted, you can look in your account settings section for the "Recently deleted tasks" tab and recover the tasks from there.
boydston01

Can you identify something they "problem" tasks have in common? This could be difficult it there is more than one reason so maybe a few have something in common and others have something else in common.
galex49

Pawelkaleta's suggestion is correct! Thanks!

I actually had NONE of the six options in the left-hand ribbon selected--I don't even know how I did that. The names become bold when you select them, and none of them were bold.

When I clicked on All Tasks, it became bold and the missing tasks came back--at least the ones I've checked so far did, and I bet they are all back. Problem solved!

Thanks to all of you for your help.

-- George
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.