ForumsQuestionsMac toolbar app - web location and app strore

Mac toolbar app - web location and app strore
aleding

Posted: May 19, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I was searching for the Mac toolbar app and note that is no longer listed anywhere in the tools section of the ToodleDo website. Also, after finding an old link for it, the page references the ability to download the app from the app store however, when that is attempted, the app store says it is no longer available.

Thought you guys might wanna know so you could clean up the some of the issues.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Apple made a change to OS that broken our app. Since we haven't had the resources to fix the issue (which requires substantial work), we have discontinued support for the Mac app and removed it from the store and from being listed on our website. We hope that in the future we'll have time to rewrite our Mac app and return it to the store. For now, please use our website which you can keep open in a separate browser window to have a similar experience.
aleding

I'm not sure what you mean here - the app works fine on ML - are you saying it's busted in Mavs and later? If so, you should still keep it on your website with a disclaimer. It's a tremendously useful tool and again, it works fine for us folks that see no need to UG to Mavs --> ElCap...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 20, 2016
Yes, it is broken in the El Capitan. Since most people update their OS, we didn't want to offer a product that was clearly broken and would be broken for more and more users as time went on. Sorry.
aleding

Posted: May 22, 2016
No need to be sorry - I just think it's still incredibly valuable - seriously I'm glad I had a backup of it and I think there's more than a few folks like me who didn't buy into Apple's "ElCap - This is the Nirvana you've been waiting for" Kool-aid...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.