ForumsQuestionsApple watch complication?

Apple watch complication?
davidmaiden18183

Posted: May 31, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
I assume from what I can see on Toodledo's page that the watch app does not come with a watch complication.

This is the one feature that would prevent me using Toodledo over apps like Todoist and Fantastical 2 (no even a dedicated task app) that both allow for a tasks schduled/task to complete today count (or complication) you can have on your watch face.

This ais a great feature to keep yourself aware what you have to do today.

Is there a plan for this implementation? i wouldn't have thought it would be hard to create one with appled watch development kit.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 31, 2016
The complication would only allow us to display 1 task, so we don't feel that it is extremely useful. But it's on our to-do list.
davidmaiden18183

Posted: Jun 01, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
The complication would only allow us to display 1 task, so we don't feel that it is extremely useful. But it's on our to-do list.

A large watch complication can detail by text the next due task and the total number of tasks due that day
A small watch complication can be detailed by a graphic (completion of a full circle/ring) showing the number of tasks due that day in the centre.

Above is how Todoist's has done it perfectly

Both can be used as a quick and constant visual reminder of what you still have to do today. This is far more powerful at driving traffic to using the apps as your awareness is immersed with what you have to do that day. Completing the circle is motivational

I'm very surprised you don't think that is extremely useful. Where else on the watch is a highlight for how many task you have to do/overdue. is constant visibilty of tasks not highly important?

It’s like saying the red badge on the app isn’t particularly useful and doesn’t draw attention when it is needed! Its only productivity and who needs to be reminded what they have to do anyway! Hey isn’t that the point of a task list app.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jun 09, 2016
I am developing an Apple Watch complication that will work with almost all the major task programs, including Toodledo. You will LOVE IT. I just need 30 days or so.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.