ForumsQuestionsPrint Header on Multiple Pages?

Print Header on Multiple Pages?
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I posted a question/request about this over a year ago but unfortunately never received any replies.

Link is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/132/-534/print-with-header-on-all-pages.html

The issue is that any time you print a list of To-Do's that is longer than one page, all pages after the first have no header. If you have only very obvious columns showing it isn't much of a problem. But there are times when I create a special printed report that has different columns than I normally show, plus I occasionally have the order of the columns set differently than usual. This can make the report confusing to read on pages other than the first.

Since there was no response last year the issue still exists. There doesn't appear to be anything I can do about this on my end.

Jake, is there any way that you can address this on the server side? I'm not sure that you can do anything but it would really be nice if you could.

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 29, 2009
We looked into this and it turned out to be a very difficult problem, due to the way that all the different web browsers handle printing. It's still on our to-do list, but since we couldn't find a workable solution when we looked at it the first time, we currently have this feature deferred until we learn a better way to do printing.
Anders

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
You could of course print to a file, and then open it in a document editor, and create headers yourself, but that may be more time-consuming than it would be worth. For instance, print or save as an image file, and paste into Word, or print to PDF, etc.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.