ForumsQuestionsProgress on task

Progress on task
Proximo

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to see some kind of progress control on task.

I have many task that have only one action that needs to be done, but it may take me some time to get that one action completed.

For example: I have a report that needs to be done and my only action is to Finish the report. I already started to work on the report but had to jump on something else or needed to get my thoughts together on a portion of that report.

I jump to another task or project at that time, but I would like to indicate that I did start to work on that task and had made some progress, but not enough to finish it.

It's not a project because it only has one action, but I still want to note my progress.

Right now I am using the "Star" to let me know that I have done some work in any particular task, but have not completed it.

Just a thought.
roddyt

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Depending on how, or if, you use the Status field, setting a status of "Active" might give you the desired result.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Proximo

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I use a status of "Active" for any task that I am working on for the week. I use "Next Action" for the task I will be tackling first. I usually don't have more than 3 Next Actions.

Once I complete these "Next Action" task. I go through my list of "Active" task and choose which one's I will tackle next and upgrade their status to "Next Action".

"Next Action" gives me the focus I desire, but what I would like to know is the progress on any particular task.

0% - 100%
PTaubman

Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Wow! This is what I was looking for to track what was in progress. I did not even realize there was a status field since it was not displayed by default!

Thanks

Paul.
http://www.AllAboutGratitude.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.