ForumsQuestionsRequest for undo or trash folder

Request for undo or trash folder
gsimonizer

Posted: Jul 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Today I accidentally deleted 9 tasks. They were subtasks nested under a task which I intended to delete. For this particular job I decided later to make it a goal rather than a task, and then have its subtasks be regular tasks linked to the goal. Unfortunately I guess I assumed that when I deleted the major task the subtasks would be promoted to regular tasks. Turns out they were deleted instead.

I suppose you could justify either type of behavior, but now I have to remember and recreate the tasks and thought it would be nice to have a trash folder that stores deleted items for a day or so, just like various online email systems do. There might be other solutions to this problem as well.

BTW I performed this delete from the iPhone app. I did not receive a confirmation dialog indicating that all subtasks would be lost.
Anders

You can view your deleted tasks from the link at the bottom of the Account Settings. There is currently no way to undelete them, but I believe Toodledo plans to improve that. For now, you can at least see what was deleted, and copy/paste the names of the tasks into the Add multiple tasks box.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will also put a warning dialog in the iPhone app. Thanks for point out that this was missing.
gsimonizer

Posted: Jul 04, 2009
Thanks Anders for letting me know where to find the delete log. I never would have found this on my own. Helped a lot to recover from my accidental delete.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.