ForumsQuestionsFeature Request s -Repeating Task Order, etc.

Feature Request s -Repeating Task Order, etc.
melaniephd

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I use the AutoFocus2 time management approach from www.markforster.net. As it is (although Toodledo is AWESOME), it really isn't functional for AutoFocus2. Tasks need to be sorted by date added and they are on the website, but are out of order when synced to the iphone, especially if any comments or other data are added to them, their position changes. If the ordering could be maintained and if repeating tasks could automatically be re-added to the top (by date added) rather than put next to the task just completed, that would be great. I would also love having a repeating, but no due date option. For example, if I have process email on my list, I would like to check it, have it add process email to the top of my list (being able to sort up and down would be great) and NOT add a due date of tomorrow to it. I would also like better integration with the Toodledo Widget for iGoogle. The tasks are out of order there and subtasks aren't supported. Thanks!
Anders

You can sort tasks by Date Added on the iPhone app too. Just click the sort button in the bottom left corner, and choose "Date Added" from the list.

Manual reordering of tasks is a popular request.

I agree about the repeat with no due date. I expected that if I set a repeating task to repeat daily from completion, and gave it no due date, then it would not regenerate with one, but it does. You can use the "?" modifier for the due date, so at least it won't become overdue, but I think then you would have to repeat from due date, and I know it is not exactly what you want.

The iGoogle Gadget does support subtasks. They are just shown in a sort of weird way. They are both flattened and nested at the same time. If you go into a parent task, you will see that you can access all its subtasks from the task details.

This message was edited Jul 03, 2009.
melaniephd

Yeah, I've sorted on the iPhone by Date Added. But where the online app has the tasks listed the way I want them:

The IPhone app has them listed as

with repeating tasks mixed in there rather than reappearing at the top as newly added. The gadget really has the tasks mixed up. :-) I'm sure one of these days it will be worked out. Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 04, 2009
What do the numbers represent in your previous post? Could a secondary sort criteria be coming into play here?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.